Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 AM   #11
is back to save the day!

My Yellow Clown Goby hardly eats anything.. he's stupid. His stomach is pretty concave yet he won't chase down food when it's right in front of his face. I think mine's going to slowly die too since he just looks so withered and hardly eats. I feel your pain on these little clown gobies...

Old 07-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I currently have 2 of em I have had them nearly 8 months give or take (one replaced a purple pseudochromis that was naughty and the other was a last fish add because he was what I wanted ) , again same applies but less so ... do watch them eat , they tend to be shy so you may not see them alot , mine go in "waves" some days I cant get em out of my face others I dont see em for a week ....unless I am feeding ...unless they are a pair they are peacful meaning that you should only have one YWMG per tank unless they are "paired" ... they may fight if they are not mated ...they get along with my clowns famously as well ... but I would not have them and any other "long" same shaped fish (atleast in a nano, larger tanks would be less problems ) my guys are not much on the sand sifting front either they are lazy :P but they do give some action such as all level swimming when they are in the mood for it

10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks. I really look forward to getting one. I really want a goby. There just isn't much of a variety here in the miami fish stores. And the online shipping is too expensive. I wouldn't pay more for the shipping than the fish itself.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is a thought if you travel take a cooler and a small set up so that if you are out and about and you find one you can get it ...
I traveled (2 or so years ago) to ohio I took a cooler and a small filter for in the tank and a small 5 gallon heater (tested) when I went to the LFS I found a cool sea horse (to replace one I lost ) I got him and took him to the hotel , the lid shut down so they did not know what it was :P I did opt for no house cleaning too , I bought 2 small pieces of live rock less than 5 bucks for the LR and set up a "QT" in the hotel , when we left for home I emptied 1/2 the water and we set off on our journey .... Now if it is a multi day trip take another container to empty the H20 into to place it back in when not traveling , had I thought of it I would have used a garbage sack to tie off while driving and then opened it up again but ours was only a 1 day drive back home so what I emptied out was fine . When I got home I dripped him right in the cooler and then clean and disenfected the cooler with some bleach and some dechlorinator let it sit in the sun and put away
This will give you time to look around and also your tank to settle down a bit too HTH
Old 07-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester23 View Post
Thanks. I really look forward to getting one. I really want a goby. There just isn't much of a variety here in the miami fish stores. And the online shipping is too expensive. I wouldn't pay more for the shipping than the fish itself.
Reefs2go.com ships for free to florida and their yellow watchman gobys are $14.00.

I had issues before with the place, but now they offer a 14 day guarantee. Despite the problems I had, they didnt fight me over a refund when I asked for it.

I gave them a second chance and got a yellow watchman. He got here today and is sitting in his tank looking at me weird.

Matt
Old 07-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks. Are you sure it ships free? I don't need to buy like a specific amount?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Thanks. Are you sure it ships free? I don't need to buy like a specific amount?
No minimum...
Even snails ship free, I just would feel like a jerk.

Matt
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg02d View Post
No minimum...
Even snails ship free, I just would feel like a jerk.

Matt
Why these places that have these "free" shippings pass the cost on to those of us out of state and they have to know nanos are the "trend" right now so most can not support 10 new things in that small of a tank right off dont feel bad take advantage of the free ship . they get the free word of mouth advertising and new customers
Old 07-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

Are you guys sure its trustworthy? I mean I'd hate to get scammed or screwed over. Its legit?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Are you guys sure its trustworthy? I mean I'd hate to get scammed or screwed over. Its legit?
Oh yea, its legit. They just are a small operation rather than someone like liveaquaria. You can pay with paypal too. That means that you can file claims in the event that something goes sour.

Ive ordered a handfull of things. The fish have had issues so far, but they will refund or replace them. They just now began offering 14day guarantee. If the item dies in 14 days (usually long enough to rule out a goner anyways) then they will replace them. Thats the ONLY reason I trusted them again this time....I got a good sized goby in today and my snails are all moving! One had barnicles on him too.

You may have the fish die, but youll get a replacement or a refund. And at 0$ shipping, its a good risk. It IS sad to watch a cute lil thing die as well as frustrating as HECK, but the new guarantee takes the edge off. Paypal will hold them to their claim too. SO if 7 days later Mr Fish is dead and reefs2go isnt helping, it becomes a SNAD case with paypal (significantly not as described).

Matt

Tags
dead, dead fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com