fish fights!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmmiller

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 72 gal fowlr that has been set up for 3 months now. I have the original 2 damsels(blue with yellow tail) in the tank along with 2 blue/green chromis and a baby volitans lion. They have all been getting along well but recently all of the fish have begun fighting(exept for the lion because no one will pick on him). The Chromis' are fighting with each other and this is odd because they used to school togther. Im not sure what I should do. I was thinking of returning the damsels because I have heard that they are usually the source of problems but my wife thinks that it is the wrong thing to do since I have had them since the start of my tank. I need to do something soon because the smallest chromis is starting to look like it is having some problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA!

Not much you can really do except remove the aggresor. You may want to return the damsels, the Lion will eventually eat them anyway.

Yeah I already figured that. I am decided to remove the aggresive damsel but I cannot catch him. Any advice on how to do it?

Maybe try and catch him after dark when he is a little sluggish.
They are tough little suckers to catch.

I tried for the last 2 days to catch a zebra damsel that was picking on everything else in my tank. Tonight it finally took my boyfriend, my mom, and myself over and hour, 3 nets, and the tank lid used in the tank as a seperator to catch the darn thing. Try using something to separate it in a small area of the tank instead of chasing it around the tank, cause they are QUICK! Good Luck

I had a blue damsel that almost killed my small trigger. I ended up getting rid of the damsel and trigger since the trigger was going to get way to big for my tank 38 gallon anyways. Never figured out why I bought a trigger...guess it was just to cool looking to pass up. And I can't figure out why a little blue damsel almost killed a trigger. Strange.

I finally got mine. They are fast and nasty little buggers. Its a shame too because they are cool looking fish and are very hardy. Oh well, everything cant be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom