Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

I will definitely be getting some seaweed for my FF , I did read your thread it helped me feel more comfortable with the way my FF is acting ... I will let u know when I get the seaweed and how he likes it

Thanks for the help

Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #22
DJB
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have a fox face in a 110 tank
He did the same hiding for 2 weeks
Now he is great
Eats out of my shrimp net
Eats a seaweed piece every day also
Give him time

Old 02-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

You can also throw in some romain lettuce every once in awhile. I rubber band it to a piece of rubble and every one in the tank loves it especially my one spot
Old 02-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'm definitely going to get some seaweed for him ....
Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soto413 View Post
I'm definitely going to get some seaweed for him ....
He loves the seaweed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3970666223.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	153335  
Old 02-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Foxfaces are really neat fish, with a lot of personality. Some will do fine in a 50, while others seem to need more space. It's so individual with them that it's hard to make a general minimum size. When in doubt, go larger. The one spot and the regular ff may actually be the same species and there really isn't any major difference between them other than the spot.
His coloring is definitely stress related, but in this case I'd guess its the diet rather thank tank size. They are herbivores that eat meat when available. Make sure he always has greens available and see if he improves.
MacDracor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:58 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDracor View Post
Foxfaces are really neat fish, with a lot of personality. Some will do fine in a 50, while others seem to need more space. It's so individual with them that it's hard to make a general minimum size. When in doubt, go larger. The one spot and the regular ff may actually be the same species and there really isn't any major difference between them other than the spot.
His coloring is definitely stress related, but in this case I'd guess its the diet rather thank tank size. They are herbivores that eat meat when available. Make sure he always has greens available and see if he improves.
The one spot FF and the LO FF are the same family but different fish. The one spot doesn't get as big and requires a lot smaller tank than the LO.

LO is rated at 125g at 9"
One spot at 70g at 7"

Just sayin
Old 02-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lo is an outdated genus that is no longer used. Now the fox faced rabbit fish (spots or no spots) are both in the genus Siganus. There is a debate among taxonomists and biologists as to whether or not the two are even separate species as they reach the same size, have the same habits, and can successfully interbreed. Despite what is commonly said, the spot is the only verifiable difference at this time. Remember, a very short time ago, even the experts believed bristle worms were bad. Now we know that they are among the most beneficial organisms one can have in a tank. Science is always progressing, and as genetic testing becomes more widespread, many species are being reclassified. Just as many "facts" are being recognized as myths.
Just sayin.
MacDracor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Lo is an outdated genus that is no longer used. Now the fox faced rabbit fish (spots or no spots) are both in the genus Siganus. There is a debate among taxonomists and biologists as to whether or not the two are even separate species as they reach the same size, have the same habits, and can successfully interbreed. Despite what is commonly said, the spot is the only verifiable difference at this time. Remember, a very short time ago, even the experts believed bristle worms were bad. Now we know that they are among the most beneficial organisms one can have in a tank. Science is always progressing, and as genetic testing becomes more widespread, many species are being reclassified. Just as many "facts" are being recognized as myths.
Just sayin.
Just sayin
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-996987657.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	153349  
Old 02-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Just sayin.
Just saying
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1383271810.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	153350  

Tags
foxface

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com