Foxface Sensitive to bright light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys
Just introduced my foxface about 5 days ago, and his coloration hasn't improved at all, he always seems stressed. I know it has only been 5 days, but I figured by now he'd at least be getting a little more comfortable. He swims around a lot, and eats, but the top half of his body is always dark brown. When only the ambient room light is on, he seems so much happier and less tense. Then when the bright T5's are on, his coloration turns brown and he always seems on edge.

Should I slowly be acclimating him to light? Maybe dim it down a bit then slowly increase it a bit?

Thanks guys

Does your light fade on or just click on?

How did you acclimate him to your tank? Some fish take longer than others to get use to things. Do you have plenty of rocks set up for him to hide in. The more caves and places you have for them to hide the more your fish will stay out and swim.

The light clicks on, if T5's could fade on that would be so cool.

There are plenty of olaces for him to hide. I'll give him a little while, I just hate seeing him constantly flare and have a dull color

ive currently got T5s that flick on/off and have a foxface and hes always fine.....

But I had a friend who had a foxface that was consistently on edge for 2 weeks or so then it slowly got better as well.

The lights would be stressing it out but I guess if you wait it out like my friend then its possible the foxface would start to get used to it

mine is like that to.when I turn the light on his color is dark and spotty and his fins are raised up like its going to sting the others but in a hour he is fine

If he's eating, I wouldn't worry about it. He'll get used to it.
FYI, there are dimmable T5 fixtures. I believe ATI makes them.

I picked up from a LFS that got too large for another's aquarium. When I introduced into my DT he hid in one corner and wouldn't come out. Left him in my Refugium for 3 weeks before he started acting normal. Good luck!

Well I guess since he's eating well I won't worry yet, thanks!!

Its been a few weeks and this is still what he looks like 24/7. He still eats well but I cant figure out what his problem is. His color was more normal in a 10g qt tank. Params are great and hes just with a pair of clowns

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391994936835.jpg
    1391994936835.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 172
Its been a few weeks and this is still what he looks like 24/7. He still eats well but I cant figure out what his problem is. His color was more normal in a 10g qt tank. Params are great and hes just with a pair of clowns

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app[/

Certainly looks stress related, my FF only does that when he's stressed during water changes etc

Im at a loss for what this could be. When I do water changes, he doesnt run and hide, and his half black color stays the same. Its funny how he was less stressed in a 10g qt tank.

I miss his bright yellow!!

He eats NLS like a pig, hes never taken to nori, but he eats algae off the rocks

mine had color problems before I started feeding him algae pellets but that was mine.hope you figure it out

Mine eats nori like it's going out of style
He also loves Clerpa from my sump.
I did read they need the greens in there diet to maintain there bright color buy idk...

I'll try some more with the nori. This fish starting to annoy me now haha

I noticed he had a long white sting turd today, usually he has brown bursts of poop, or he poops sand,I don't think it could possibly be a parasite because he's been dewormed and was in qt for 2 months with no bad poop, he's also gained a ton of weight from eating so much NLS. Could this also be constipation since he probably eats a bit too many pellets?

Oh hi, Sky!

I did feed him the peas and his poop is all good now :) nice n' thick and brown lol.

I decided not to worry about the color unless he's showing other signs of stress (he's not). Sometimes he's very close to being all yellow, and sometimes he's not, so it depends I guess.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom