Freshwater dip for new stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoTank

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I don't have a QT at the moment. What are your thoughts on a FW dip? Tips, procedures, etc. And are there any other things I can do besides a QT? It's going to be a pair of Ocellaris Clowns. I have a used tank I bought complete, all's I had to do was move it. Everything is stable & I'm ready to add fish to the (one) 3-stripe Damsel & a Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp. I plan to totally rearrange the rock before I put them in. I will watch for aggression & re-home the Damsel if he isn't nice. I have 4 other FW tanks so I may rearrange the FW fish & set my 29 gal tank up for the Damsel.

I would consider getting a QT or convert one of your FW tanks, if you can. Doing a FW dip will not do a lot, IMO. It gets some of whatever might be on/in a fish, but it does not get everything.

You want to try and match everything up from the dip to the tank (temp and ph). I usually do 3 minutes, but if a fish is looking really stressed, I cut it short. Just did this last night with my two Chromis that survived the MV ordeal a while back. I pulled a 15g hex tank from the garage to use as my QT moving forward. Using Marex to treat, just in case they still have some lingering.

Back
Top Bottom