Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-29-2003, 03:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Green vs. Blue Chromis

I'm planning on introducing some chromis into our 75 g FOWLR. We currently have 2 clowns, 1 six-line wrasse, 1 coral beauty, and 1 flame angel. Would the green or blue chromis be better? I'm leaning towards getting 3. Is that sufficient or not enough? TIA.

superswamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 04:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
I like the Green myself. I have three in my 55 gallon, they are really active and eat like pigs. You could do three or mayne more if you like. They make a pretty cool school!

Woo Hoo, PAYDAY! Time to pay the LFS rent (even before I pay mine )

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
You may want to consider the yellow-tailed damsel. Given the current occupants of your tank, they would be a good fit. Also they are much more colorful than the G. Chromis (which I think are kinda boring). However the G. Chromis will shoal if you keep about 5 or more. The Y.T. Damsels will grow to about 2.8" and are a very lively lot. 8)
Happiness is defined by the joy we bring to the lives of others, for without that, we ourselves cannot be.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
I personally can't stand the green chromis. They look like freshwater tetra's or anorexic goldfish and have zero personality - IMHO. The blue are better loking fish in my opinion with more personality, although much more aggresive. Still, I don't think there's anything in your tank that will take crap from even a feisty blue chromis.

The yellow tail is among my favorites, and similiar in personality to the blue, but the yellow tail seems a less vivid color than the solid blue.
wseaton is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com