Green vs. Blue Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superswamper

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm planning on introducing some chromis into our 75 g FOWLR. We currently have 2 clowns, 1 six-line wrasse, 1 coral beauty, and 1 flame angel. Would the green or blue chromis be better? I'm leaning towards getting 3. Is that sufficient or not enough? TIA. :)

I like the Green myself. I have three in my 55 gallon, they are really active and eat like pigs. You could do three or mayne more if you like. They make a pretty cool school!

:hat:

You may want to consider the yellow-tailed damsel. Given the current occupants of your tank, they would be a good fit. Also they are much more colorful than the G. Chromis (which I think are kinda boring). However the G. Chromis will shoal if you keep about 5 or more. The Y.T. Damsels will grow to about 2.8" and are a very lively lot. 8)

I personally can't stand the green chromis. They look like freshwater tetra's or anorexic goldfish and have zero personality - IMHO. The blue are better loking fish in my opinion with more personality, although much more aggresive. Still, I don't think there's anything in your tank that will take crap from even a feisty blue chromis.

The yellow tail is among my favorites, and similiar in personality to the blue, but the yellow tail seems a less vivid color than the solid blue.

Back
Top Bottom