How many cleaner shrimp can live together in a 29g tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neeker4

Aquarium Advice Activist
How many cleaner shrimp can live together in a 29g tank? I enjoy the one I have now and am considering adding another because I have read that often times they live in groups in the wild. Do I have enough space in my tank for 1 more? Thanks for the help and advice!!!

Yeah i don't think there would be any problem with that. They are very entertaining little guys.

They would get along with eachother, but many people find them to be a little greedy with food so that could become an issue.

pat8you: I am also in Woodbridge.

Ok, I'll give it a try and see how things go!!!

So they've been in the tank together for about a week now and they seem to be getting along. They are little food hogs but the two chromises in the tank get to the food pretty quickly so they are still eating. The shrimp hang out under the same ledge together for most of the day, and are really active at night together. Its really cool to sit and watch them sometimes.

Mine used to clean my arm and hands when I stuck'm in the tank. Had to be careful when they went for my fingernails I thought. Wouldn't let'm get to those.

I don't know about 3 in a 30g setup. I think they'd take over the tank at that point but it would be interesting to see!

Back
Top Bottom