Is this a good skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NOOOO horrible...stay away from that skimmer! spend a little more money and get a skimmer that will work for more than 2 months.

HTH

rosstifer

Protein skimmer is a pretty strong word to use in conjuntion with that POS. I agree with the statement above, save a little more and get something that works.

That was the first skimmer I ever bought.... a beautiful song comes to mind...

"Meeeeemories..... walking through the footsteps of my THIS PIECE OF JUNK KEEPS FALLING APART #$%#"

If you like things that fly apart when a snail bumps it then this is your skimmer!

I now use the power head to mix new water, 30+ dollars for a SHIfTY power head, what a deal!!! Buy the right one the first time, take it from me.

I'm afraid I'd have to agree. This skimmer won't help you any at all.
My first choice for a 30g tank would be an Aqua C Remora with a MJ1200 powerhead. Second choice would be a Prizm Deluxe. The deluxe version comes with a surface skimmer which will increase the efficiency of the skimmer. This option is available for the Aqua C as well. IMO, the Prizm would be about maxed out on the 30g tank while the Remora could safely handle up to a 55 gal.

Back
Top Bottom