Lighting Question????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nightryder1405

Aquarium Advice Regular
Right now all i have for lighting is a 48'' Aqueon flouresant light. Eventually i want to get a new fixture but with christmas around the corner that isnt going to happen. The bulb needs to be replaced so i was wondering everyones opinons on the zoo med bulbs that petco offers. As of right now all i have in the tank is fish and a condylactis anemone. I also have an extra light from a 29 gallon so would it be beneficial to get 2 different bulbs? I was thinking of getting the reef sun 50/50 bulb which it says is natural daylight with the actinic. Would that be good enough, or should i use the other light too?

The color of the bulb is not the main problem. Lighting intensity is what you need for the anenome. Any bulbs will do for the fish but the anenome needs high intensity. Those bulbs or that system is not going to be enough. What size is that tank?

Its a 60 gallon. I know im going to need the t5's, i was going to go with the solar flare brand. Just wasnt sure if i should go with the 4 bulb or the 2 bulb version. So should i not waste money on the zoo med bulbs for now?

Back
Top Bottom