Like my mandarin so much!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyD

Aquarium Advice Activist
I like my green mandarin so much I bought a baby spotted mandarin today. Also got a brine shrimp hatchery for all my others. Got 5 blue leg hermits and a little red starfish. All in all a good day

Cool, I want a mandarin, but I am not exactly sure how I can build up a pod population without a refugium.

I feed them arcti-pods in a bottle, one teaspoon every other day, live brine and emerald entree. They go great on that and his colors are more vibrant then regular pods. I suggest that

One teaspoon of pods every other day is not enough food for a mandarin. Mine etas at least twice a day when I feed and then hunts the rest of the day, ALL day for pods and eats those.

Carey. Well he gets alot of emerald entree and a ton of brine shrimp. I have been giving him less pods since he is eating prepared food and live brine

Here is a pic of my green mandarin, and my little spotted mandarin. I fed live brine to all the fish when I added the spotted mandarin and he ate them just fine. Will add some more arcti-pods later tonight

Attachments

• image-2727859330.jpg
    image-2727859330.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 100
  • image-279567189.jpg
    image-279567189.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 104
And also arcti-pods say add 1 teaspoon a day per 100 gallons and I only have a 40 gallon.

If your mandarins a re eating prepared foods theres no reason to tease them with pods in a bottle. I;m slowly trying to get mine to eat JUST prepared, thats the goal. You can never provide enough pods anyways, I have a fuge and I barely get by.

Having two mandarins in one tank will be interesting to see. Where do you get these mandarins that automatically eat prepared foods? Even ORA ones revert back on occasion, like mine.

Got them from my lfs. Emerald entree is really good they seem to love it. They are in a 40 gallon. They love each other they are swimming by one another with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom