New Addition - Clown Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ken_wied

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, this sealed it. My friend just purchased a Clown Trigger for me. Right now it is only 2" long. Its in my 75g with a Dog Face Puffer, Dragon Goby and 2 Perc Clowns. Sooo, now I will have to take the plunge a little earlier than expected for the 125g. It was in the works anyway for the dogface too. Any advice on keeping these fish? I have printed off so much info from internet, but I would like to hear from a Trigger owner.
THANK YOU!

I think your puffer and trigger might have problems. Well, the trigger might give the others problems too, plus any inverts (I think the puffer will get them eventually if the trigger doesn't)....IMO.....

I have had the puffer for a while. The two seem to be getting along fine. the goby and percs are about the same size as the trigger. I do have a large hermit in there also, but no one bothers him, as i imagine his pincher could cause quite a bit of pain. But i am watching it closely.

Cool, keep an eye out and keep us posted...pics would be great, I love puffers and Triggers.

When I went into the LFS and asked for a Bullet Goby, that is what they told me - or insisted that it was a "dragon goby". mine looks like the Bullet in those pics. Absolutely AWESOME at keeping the sand clean.
Picture of the Trigger:
img_771815_0_da7e16dea7b00325dcc7e007e885d499.jpg
[/img]

Made the plunge for a 150gal tank with overflows. Just ordered it today and it will be here end of next week. Frustrates me too. I just bought the 75g 4 months ago. Oh well, a big reef tank it will be :)

Props on going with the larger tank! I think all involved will be much happier.

You will love the upgrade. Good move. You can make a Seahorse tank with the 75 gallon tank. LOL

LOL, I wouldnt mind a seahorse tank!! :) The move was planned all along, but not this soon. I thought i would be able to get away with the 75g for about a year, but we settled our union / county contract and backpay is here from 3 years ago, so lets splurge :)

Now, with the new tank, when I set it up, I will just add the water and substrate from the 75 into the 150G. Do I have to be concerned about a cycle with the fish in it? I dont have the room to let the 150 cycle naturally.

I think you are required to marry anyone who buys you a Clown Trigger.

the clown trigger is one of my favorite fish. Also, ne of the most agressive for your home aquarium. Good call on adding it last. I hope the upgrade goes smooth.

Back
Top Bottom