New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puffer_king77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently gave my porcupine puffer back to my local fish store I'm going back today to look at a new fish to get for my 55g tank so far in the tank at this moment is
-dwarf lion
- longhorned cow fish (2)
-snowflake eel
-tang
What other fish should I get and would be copatible with my fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

We've covered this before. Your tank is overstocked with TWO fish, the cowfish, that require tanks above 200 gallons to live a healthy life. That isn't even considering whatever tang you have in there most likely. Do not put any other fish in this tank until you return a majority of already is in there.
If you want to stock a tank like this, please check out liveaquaria.com for an idea on what would be suitable to live in it before buying every fish that looks cool and throwing it in there.

We've covered this before. Your tank is overstocked with TWO fish, the cowfish, that require tanks above 200 gallons to live a healthy life. That isn't even considering whatever tang you have in there most likely. Do not put any other fish in this tank until you return a majority of already is in there.
If you want to stock a tank like this, please check out liveaquaria.com for an idea on what would be suitable to live in it before buying every fish that looks cool and throwing it in there.

100 percent accurate. Don't add anything else, or buy a much larger tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If u have small fish, you can keep as it for now. However eventually u will need to sell them as they will out grow your tank. The rule of thumb is every inch of fish for 5 g of tank.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If u have small fish, you can keep as it for now. However eventually u will need to sell them as they will out grow your tank. The rule of thumb is every inch of fish for 5 g of tank.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That isn't accurate of a rule. The inch per gallon rules never worked very well, and even then that is a freshwater concept.

Yeah, have you ever seen a full grown cowfish, they get pretty darn big, >24" in the wild and easily 75% of that in captivity.

in a tank your size you need to make the choice between one display fish from what you already have or go with fish that don't get much bigger than 3-4 inches.

Back
Top Bottom