Newbie - LR and Coraline/Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll keep them around as long as I can, so far the past few months have been good. Thanks for your help! I'll post up Test results asap!

Keep us updated! Can you get a pic of your whole tank?

Here you go, It aint much but Im learning!

Attachments

• tank_893.jpg
    tank_893.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 24
That's a nice looking tank. Definitely look into more rock and definitely watch your critters.

Thanks, it works. id like to take out the fake plants and stuff and add WAY more LR. But I didnt want to leave my fish with nowhere to hide! Thanks again for the help!

i am on a tight budget just like you, so what i have done is get one rock per pay check. here in japan, at my LFS, the rocks are 2800 yen a piece, which is equal to about $25. sometimes i pick a bigger rock that doesn't have a lot of growth on it, and sometimes i pick a smaller one that has a ton of stuff on it. so far, i've got 5 different rocks in the tank and i am actually getting pretty happy with the way it looks. i know with the budget thing, it helps to do a little at a time. HTH

Hey thanks for the post! I like your idea of a Big rock then a little one with loads of stuff on it, I think I'll try that! You know the hardest thing about having a hobby, is having MANY hobbies at the same time! Im always budgeting for my "projects"!

After a little more than a month, I finally recieved my Master Test Kit. So here are the numbers.

salinity 1.022
NH3 0.6
NO3 10
Ca 500
Kh 150
NO2 0.1

I assume all are in ppm....

So interpert away! And help me fix my NO3 problem!

Back
Top Bottom