NPX Biopellets started, now Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Minkota

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, I started using NPX Biopellets on 01/14/13 and my water went cloudy by the next day and has been cloudy ever since. I have checked the water parameters and all see ok. I have done water changes as well. I am not running any other additive other than the biopellets. I have read that the cloudiness is normal but goes away in a few days but I am up to 3 weeks and still very cloudy. Anyone else experience this as well?

It's probably the bacteria from the biopellets. The bacteria is supposed to stay in the reactor and feed off the pellets. The output of the reactor should be at the intake of your skimmer so any bacteria coming out of the reactor is skimmed out.

It's probably the bacteria from the biopellets. The bacteria is supposed to stay in the reactor and feed off the pellets. The output of the reactor should be at the intake of your skimmer so any bacteria coming out of the reactor is skimmed out.

The output of the reactor is plumbed into the inlet of the skimmer, has been since day one. I did a 50% water change with no change in water clarity.

I tried biopellets (didn't like the results) but my water never got cloudy.
Why are you running them anyway? Do you have a nutrient issue?
What kind of skimmer do you have?
How big is the tank, what's in it and how long has it been running?

I tried biopellets (didn't like the results) but my water never got cloudy.
Why are you running them anyway? Do you have a nutrient issue?
What kind of skimmer do you have?
How big is the tank, what's in it and how long has it been running?

I started them about 3-4 weeks ago because of high phosphates, I have a 150g tank and I'm running an AquaC EV240. The outlet of the reactor is plumbed directly into the supply line to the skimmer. And I only have about 1/4 of the recommended dose of pellets and it had been cloudy since day one. I have done several water changes the last being yesterday I did a 50% water change.

Back
Top Bottom