picaso trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my two clowns for a year and my only lps here has a large picaso trigger.the only others i have is a yellow (watchman)goby and a pencil sea urchin.my question is should i start off with a smaller trigger?no matter what fish i have put in there every nasty damsel they sell,no fish ever bothers these two clowns.if i get this trigger being large will i have to get agressive fish?i would like to get a lawnmower blenny,yellow tang,purple yellow dottyback and maybe a puffer.i have a 75 gal comm tank.

A Picasso is gonna limit your choices. Its really hit or miss when it comes to tankmates. And you should prob re-think him due to your pencil urchin, I heard triggers are notorious for killing them

Definitely rethink think that, because as huma-huma pointed out trigger will almost definitely go after your urchin. Not to mention a trigger in a 75 gallon tank isnt that great of an idea. Most triggers get 8 inches and up, along with the stuff you already have in there, the trigger will stress out and in turn act out more aggressively towards your other fish. I know that online sites say that its okay to keep triggers in 75 gallon tanks but its just not true. Most triggers need to be in at the minimum 100 gallon tanks, but definitely more than that if they are going to live successfully. I know you hear people say that they keep triggers in smaller tanks but just because it works for them doesnt mean its right.

Back
Top Bottom