Possible ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lumis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a new puffer about 2 weeks ago. He is doing great. Eating well and active. I have been reading on ich. So to night I take a really close look at my fish. Trigger nothing, both damsels fine. The puffer a white spec on each fin. 5 total. I tried a pic they won't show up. Does this sound like ich or am I making my self crazy. He is not showing any other symptoms.

Thinking if they are still there tomorrow. I do a fresh water dip. Then monitor. Wise or not.

I wouldn't do a freshwater dip. It won't do anything. It'll just stress him out. Ick is still present I the tank, and you have to kill it. Hypo is the way to go. Drop salinity to 1.008 over two weeks. Leave for 3 weeks after the spots go away. Then raise it back slowly.

first thing is do you have any corals or inverts because if you do you can't hypo the tank with them in there.

Does no ich marine work well. It says you can treat your dt. I don't have a qt right now no room for it. Only fish in my tank.

It more then likely won't work. only real cures are copper and hypo and you can't use either in your dt. You really need a qt tank because this is going to happen over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom