powder blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob_mango

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok i got a new powder blue tang and at my lfs it was eating and playing and haveing a grand time now that i got himin my tank (a week ago) he dont eat and swims low and slow what could be the problem??

water levels are
amonnia is 0
nitrite is 0
nitrate is at a little over 20
salinity is at 1.022
temp is between 78-82

if you can help please do

Nitrate a little high but not lethal.........what else is in the tank? How old is the system? Are there any stress signs on the PB.......fins, spots, eyes. They are very suseptable to disease if the water isn't good but yours seems fine, I had one in my system and within 48hrs had a non curable problem and died....... keep any eye on the head/face for signs of flaking, it is a problem that is not known what causes it or how to treat it. Hope your PB does well.

i got a maroon clown, tellow tang thay have no problem with each other and 2 4 strip damsals the tank has been up and running for about 2 years now he looks fine no ich or any other problem that i can see

IMO tangs Powder blues need at least a 6 ft tank. Like I said that`s my opinion. This link says they need at least a hundred gallon tank. Putting fish in a too small tank will bring on disease and parasites at a much quicker time frame. Do you see anything that might look like salt granules on him? Any heavy breathing?

no nothing like that he is in my small tank untill after my new 240 is done cycleing and now he looks fine he is eating off the veggie clip and he ate brine shrimp to today iwill see how he is with formula 2 tonight

Good idea on the veggie clip. They are herbivores and need plenty of greens. Understood on the tank upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom