Predatory fish options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brandon623

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Stingray or porcupine puffer

Lionfish or angler fish

Spotted grouper or harlequin tusk

What do you think?

Are there other major predator fish other than eels?

are you asking what you should get? because from your list id do liofish,anglerfish,and stingray

Yes just trying too get some suggestions....are there any others you can think of..?

I'd go with a trigger, humu humu being a perfect example! also love groupers!

Is this for a tank you have or planning stages? Elasmobranchs require large tanks, which is why I ask.

I have a 220 g....I was thinking of a cortez sting ray which my lfs claims isnt gigantic...is 220 g big enough?

I'm not sure on stingrays but you can keep a coral catshark since their max size in a home aquarium is 24"

They get to 3 or four in the wild. I think the most in captivity was 30" but if you don't want to risk anything then get a banded catshark cuz those can stay in a 220.

Cortez will achieve about 10-15" not including tail and usually a greater disc width. I imagine this animal would succumb to behavioral problems and other abnormalities (possible physical damage, infections, etc) over time. Most catsharks get 3ft+ and even bandeds get very thick. Despite what some say, catsharks swim quite frequently througout the day when young adults. The only shark I could see viable is the Epaulette due to their slenderness, mobility, and pref. to being within live rock. Stay away from trigs, lionfish, wrasses, etc with sharks and rays.

Back
Top Bottom