Put together your dream stocking list for a 210g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I posted a few months ago asking for feedback on a fish list for a new 125g set-up...WELL, before I even put water in the tank I've upgraded AGAIN to a 210g, which I pick up on Saturday. I plan on doing a FOWL set-up and the only fish that I HAVE to have is a porcupine puffer.

So, how about a few suggestions. What would YOU do? You need a porc puffer, other than that - what would you do with a 210g FOWL tank?

Annularis Angel- they have beautiful color and if you get them in juvenile stage you can see them change twice! pretty amazing if you ask me, and for a large angel it doesnt need as much space as others do.

True Percula Clownfish- I would get a pair of these and have them host an anemone. If lighing isnt available dont worry, just get a pair and they will look amazing swimming around in your tank, everyone always loves to see a pair of clownfish.

Bullet Goby- This fish isnt the most attractive fish, but it will keep your sand clean and its fun to watch :)

Flame Hawkfish- Beautiful color and great personality, youd really love it.

Hippo Tang- beautiful blue color, very active and extremely fun to watch, they have a great personality once they get used to their surroundings, and definately not a bully.

Blue Jaw/Throat Trigger- a male and female pair would be brilliant in a 210. people think triggers are not friendly but the blue jaw is one of the more peaceful triggers to keep in a tank. the relationship between the male and female would be something amazing to watch.

Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse- 1 male 2 females... the courting that would be going on would be awesome to watch. they are active fish and very personable. they love to show off and watching the male trying to attract the females is awesome.

this would give you 11 fish in a 210 gallon tank, which would be a good amount and it would keep your tank very active. if i were you, this would be the exact list i would get haha its simply brilliant. and eventually if you decide to turn it into a reef, youll have one fish to worry about and thats the annularis, but by that time he should be so used to the mysis he will forget about coral. triggers might harm inverts, but blue jaw tend to stay away... let me know what you think

Tang, trigger, and angel sounds good. Of course the trigger and puffer will keep you from keeping snails, crabs, or shrimp. Wrasse options sound good too. I like the carpenters also in the threesome.

amkelly:

I like a lot of your suggestions.

- Blue throats, I actually had considered. I've always been a fan and never owned any. I do dig the Picasso too though, but I know they can be nasty so that might limit your other suggestions

- Carpenters would be nice, but I don't know - would a porc play nice with such a small fish?

austinsdad:

Yeah, I don't plan on keeping inverts anyway since the puffer is the absolute must.

So, let me say this - I have been leaning toward a large angel of some sort, Annularis certainly are awesome. I do dig the Picasso trigger and have owned one in the past who ripped a damsel to shreds first night in the tank. I was leaning toward an eel too. I had a very peaceful zebra moray that I sold a couple years ago but might go with a snowflake this time around.

Thinking the triggers, porc, and eel would make quick work of smaller wrasses? I never considered courting cool looking wrasses like that - but, now I'm thinking about it. Nice call.

i dont think that they would make a meal out of the wrasses. if the wrasses are added first, they are quick and can easily get away from a puffer or eel. i wouldnt worry to much about that

How about a shark.(just kidding) I would definately want this guy http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_1...ategory=4&category_search=61&root_parent_id=4 just by itself its a hawaiin dragon eel. One mean scary looking creature kids would scream and run away for sure. I know nothing about it really just thought it was the coolest looking thing I ever saw may need an even bigger tank. And the puffer would probably be lunch I know this doesn't help at all

Back
Top Bottom