Question about BioCube 14Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesd28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,

I ordered a BioCube 14 which should be arriving soon. I also ordered an Aqueon Pro 50w heater for it, which is 8.5". I am worried that this might be too big to fit in the first chamber, where many people put their heaters for their BioCube. I was wondering if anyone know's the depth of the first chamber in the BioCube 14 or the maximum length heater that will fit in there?

Thanks Guys! :)

Is there a little fake floor in that section on yours? I had to take out my fake floors in a 29g to fit some media baskets. It's 17" tall from what I just read so there should be room. Theres also a gap where the hood sits on it so it can stick out a tad.

The aqueon is a good heater. I have them in most of my tanks after I took out the recalled marineland stealths. LOL

Where's iDream when you need him? He has an awesome lil 14g cube....

Yeah I know the BioCube 14g is roughly 17" tall all together, but if it has that false bottom piece in there like the 29g does then I wasn't sure if my heater would fit or not. Is the false bottom easy to remove? Does it just pop right out or do you technically have to break the plastic to remove it? lol

My b/f just put a little pressure on it and it popped right out. I can't reach back there, my cube is wedged between my computer and a 125g FW tank. LOL

Ok cool, so it is pretty easy to get out without breaking things if I need to remove it! With a 14g would you recommend 2 gallon weekly water changes or 3-4 gallon bi-weekly changes?

I do 3g a week on mine and it holds an actual 18g. So a little over 2g a week should keep you good. It's easy to do more though so don't hesitate to take an extra gallon out here and there. You'll get the feel for it once you start having livestock and test your water.

Back
Top Bottom