Recommendations for fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stratmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
What would good tankmates be for Rainbow my Sunset Wrasse? He's been in the tank for quite a while himself so I figure it's time to add some other fish in there, especially now that I've shifted around and added 100 pounds of LR. Of course I have to wait until my little nitrate problems straightens out.

Now as I've asked before about the emporer angel I'd love to do one, that would work right? What else? Tangs? Recommendations please, thanks!

A yellow eyed Kole tang would be nice.

100_1328.JPG

Fish only with 100 pounds of live rock, I don't really plan on corals or sea anemones or anything like that. I was thinking maybe a Clown Trigger as well aside from the Emp Angel. And that tang is really nice! :)

Any other ideas?

Steve

Clown triggers are MEAN... lol. They're beautiful fish, but one might pick on any other fish you get, not to mention rearrange your tank as it gets large. I like Melosu's idea of the kole tang. I'm not sure how the emperor angel would do with your wrasse... I think eventually they would be fine together, but the emperor angels I've seen are VERY shy at first. It might have trouble settling in with the wrasse in there.

Yeah that's just what I'm worried about. The Wrasse has had the tank for a long long time to himself, although I did just recently add a ton of live rock and completely rearranged the tank so now might be the time to try.
Besides call me crazy but it seems to me my Wrasse seems to be on the more innocent side. After all fish personalities do vary, right?

Well if not a clown trigger, are there any less aggressive triggers? How do the picassos do? Or the niger triggers?

I just don't want to lose Rainbow to any fish I put in there. It's his home right now and to put another fish in there and he get harrassed wouldn't be fair at all which is why I'd like to stay in the semi aggressive category.

Picasso triggers are nasty as well! LOL. I had one draw blood once. Evil little guy! I'm not sure about the Niger trigger, but have you considered a bluejaw? They are on the more passive end of the spectrum for a trigger. :)

More so than other triggers. ;)
I've even seen some people keep them in reef tanks (75g and larger). Not that I'd recommend one for a reef, but supposedly they are less likely to eat inverts, harrass other fish, and rearrange rockwork than most other triggers. Since you have the sunset wrasse and are looking at a large angel, I think a bluejaw would do well in a semi aggressive tank (I'd consider any tank with a thalassoma sp. wrasse to be semi aggressive, lol).

Back
Top Bottom