Regal tang getting chunky!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oO BRIGHTY Oo

Aquarium Advice Freak
After all our headache with our Regal he finally has settled down and is feeding very well, the only problem is that I would say a little too well, he is getting a little on the chunky side for my liking, he gets most of the food when we put it in and our clowns are left wanting!!

Is there anything I can do to slim him down, the only problem is I have to feed the other fish!

There's gotta be a limit though. I mean some of my fish are morbidly obese and it can't be good for them. I have no idea how to put one single fish on a diet and not depriving the other fish in the tank.

I personally can't imagine it being that bad..I mean its not like a big fat house cat who just sits ,eats and sleeps all day and night...If the fish is swimming and active its burning plenty(assuming this fish has the room needed to swim freely) ..I feed my tank 3x a day every day for the past 6 years and my fish aren't fat

You could try to drop your net in and section him away from the food during feeding time until the other guys eat enough. Nothing to harsh ofcourse just a little reminded to the fish to stay in shape lol .

This is my blenny. He eats everything I feed the tank and the algae too when he has time. This can't be good for him, he'd never get that fat in the wild.

img_1546440_0_99dc7117194ef3b3c434924ba8774825.jpg

Yeah he's full alright..I don't think its that bad though..But blennies don't really fly around the tank and burn it off much either...Better to look like that then the skinny malnourished ones you usually see
My triggs always look like this after the last meal of the day ,because they get the most food by far
Clown Trigger - YouTube

carey said:
This is my blenny. He eats everything I feed the tank and the algae too when he has time. This can't be good for him, he'd never get that fat in the wild.

Omg he really is fat LOL
I like chubby though, just like chubby babies, puppies and kitty cats :) I may try to compensate for my own low weight though hahahaha

I think ur blenny is adorable ;)

Lol, sorry guys I was sleeping during your posts (uk time!!)

I would try and section him off in a net but being a regal tang and I've sprouted a few more grey hairs since adding him I don't want to thrust anymore stress on him!

Maybe I should put him on a powerhead treadmill for a while!!

You guys are ridiculous....They're fish..Tangs graze ALL DAY in the wild..
Brighty ,if your talking about that baby regal you have theres no way its getting too fat,,All that fish is going to do is grow,grow,grow,,and your tank is not ideal for that

Carey ,yeah your LB is a bit chunky,but either you had a lot of HA or your giving him too many sheets

...erm....well thank you for your stern words of advice! That seems to have put an end to the debate lol!!

Just trying to keep it all in perspective ...You put a baby regal in a 68 gallon,then say he's getting too fat..That fish is a baby and will eat constantly ,then be very active all day and burn it off..I'm just surprised nobody said anything to you earlier about the tang and the tank size...I have seen regals triple in size in under a year..They are very fast growers and very active...Didn't think i was being rude or anything,,sorry if it came off that way...IDK ,maybe i was rude ,but i never heard of people worrying about their fishes weight..If the fish aren't eating and active and swimming around then their dying..

Back
Top Bottom