Returning fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony300

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have five damsels(3all blue,1blue and yellow,1domino damsel)and I have the past few weeks now been trying to get rid of them because of the stress they give to my other fish.but with no luck,at first wanted to try to breed them but can't tell the sex so I want to rid of them.

Attachments

• image-3393257272.jpg
    image-3393257272.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2237884097.jpg
    image-2237884097.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1395968041.jpg
    image-1395968041.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 99
Welcome Tony! I'd take them back to where I bought them and plan on more research before purchasing next time. Just one possible approach...

HN1 said:
Welcome Tony! I'd take them back to where I bought them and plan on more research before purchasing next time. Just one possible approach...

That's what I'm trying to do but I'm haveing a very hard time catching them

If they are small you may have to do it the hard way. Empty the tank til there's just a little water left, remove the LR, then corner them and scoop them. A real PIA but it gets the job done when there is no other options.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

I agree with Krypt that you may have to break down the tank to get them. If you're not in an immediate hurry and can invest a week or so, you may try feeding thawed mysis from a brine net. Most fish will swim right in after awhile once they equate the net to food. Luckily for us they have a long term loss of short term memory.

Hmm, unlucky, have you tried tricking them into it with food?.. Although they might not be interested or your other fish might do it instead, but I agree with Krypt, it looks like that's going to be your best shot at it.

Cleggat said:
Hmm, unlucky, have you tried tricking them into it with food?.. Although they might not be interested or your other fish might do it instead, but I agree with Krypt, it looks like that's going to be your best shot at it.

Well I'm moving to another house so I'll return them when I move

Back
Top Bottom