Salty Noobs 37g Bow Front Build..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright guys early morning update, my tank cloud cleared up very nicely and now it's crystal clear, I just cleaned the glass with a quick mag float scrub and now its beautiful again. I also got some nice coloration on the new rock i added, its awesome. Here's some pics of the new tank scape guys enjoy :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130831_075836.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130831_075836.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20130831_075857.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130831_075857.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 86
Lookin good Tex. My flame angel is the bee's knees. See lights up the tank, one of the best choices I have made.

Attachments

• image-3372117398.jpg
    image-3372117398.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 90
Yes and no depends on your luck had one before never troubled a coral and then you have some people that say its nipping at at they corals. So reef safe with caution.

Yeah that's all I've read, that they're hit and miss as far as being reef safe.

Yeah that's all I've read, that they're hit and miss as far as being reef safe.

I've had flame angels not touch corals for a year and then all of the sudden I wake up and he's decided to go out for a buffet. That reason right there and the constant work of keeping a reef is what made me sell all if my coral except some GSP and my acropora since that's the only coral he wouldn't touch. It's not just flame angels, its all angels and unfortunately this one is 50/50 and that's the only way to put it. I've been through 7 flame angels and never got one that didn't end up picking at corals.

I've had flame angels not touch corals for a year and then all of the sudden I wake up and he's decided to go out for a buffet. That reason right there and the constant work of keeping a reef is what made me sell all if my coral except some GSP and my acropora since that's the only coral he wouldn't touch. It's not just flame angels, its all angels and unfortunately this one is 50/50 and that's the only way to put it. I've been through 7 flame angels and never got one that didn't end up picking at corals.

Oh snap Tim that's nuts, what else do you recommended for stock in this tank that would be reef safe for the future?

Oh snap Tim that's nuts, what else do you recommended for stock in this tank that would be reef safe for the future?
Banggai Cardinal- 1
Banggai Cardinal | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Midas Blenny- 1 might be pushing it for you tank size but i think it will do well if you keep him well fed
Midas Blenny | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Six line wrasse- 1 if you keep a tight lid they cant jump through.
Sixline Wrasse | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
PJ cardinal- 2 so they pair up and they arent all that active of swimmers so they dont need a ton of room.
Spotted Cardinal | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Just so we are clear....I'm not saying add all four of these fish. You only need to add two to three more smaller fish that wont outgrow the tank and be done. Id like to see the midas and six line in there with some more rockwork, A red bubble tip (after you upgrade your lighting), some colorful corals, and a good black or blue background on the tank. It will be an awesome looking tank when you're done. I would throw a Tao on top of the tank later so you wont have any restrictions on what you can keep alive. Plus water surface skimmer makes everything better lol You're tank is lacking those bright vibrant colors that make people get into saltwater fish in the first place.

Banggai Cardinal- 1
Banggai Cardinal | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Midas Blenny- 1 might be pushing it for you tank size but i think it will do well if you keep him well fed
Midas Blenny | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Six line wrasse- 1 if you keep a tight lid they cant jump through.
Sixline Wrasse | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
PJ cardinal- 2 so they pair up and they arent all that active of swimmers so they dont need a ton of room.
Spotted Cardinal | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Just so we are clear....I'm not saying add all four of these fish. You only need to add two to three more smaller fish that wont outgrow the tank and be done. Id like to see the midas and six line in there with some more rockwork, A red bubble tip (after you upgrade your lighting), some colorful corals, and a good black or blue background on the tank. It will be an awesome looking tank when you're done. I would throw a Tao on top of the tank later so you wont have any restrictions on what you can keep alive. Plus water surface skimmer makes everything better lol You're tank is lacking those bright vibrant colors that make people get into saltwater fish in the first place.

I know I know! But I'm taking your advice and being patient about my tank, my next purchase will be a skimmer for sure and as far as my tank I think 3 more fish will make me happy, I love 6-line wrasse' they look so graceful just floating around in rocks its awesome, and the midas blenny I like too its a nice orange color. I'm not a big fan of cardinals they remind me too much of ram cichlids lol

Not all angels are not reef safe there's one or two that's reef safe like the wantanabei it's total reef safe and there's a next one the swollowtail angelfish they are both reef safe I had both of them never touch a coral.

Not all angels are not reef safe there's one or two that's reef safe like the wantanabei it's total reef safe and there's a next one the swollowtail angelfish they are both reef safe I had both of them never touch a coral.

Got any links? I'm on mobile and 3g is slow as hell lol

Both require 125 gallon tanks minimum. He has a 37 gallon. Both are really nice fish but they need large tanks. 90% of angels are going to require a larger tank that you have tex and the other 10% are not reef safe. It's the challenges of ocean life being dropped into captivity. That's why I mentioned to tex about planning for an upgrade in the very near future lol use live aquaria as a reference for tank size.

Both require 125 gallon tanks minimum. He has a 37 gallon. Both are really nice fish but they need large tanks. 90% of angels are going to require a larger tank that you have tex and the other 10% are not reef safe. It's the challenges of ocean life being dropped into captivity. That's why I mentioned to tex about planning for an upgrade in the very near future lol

Aww yiss timmy to the rescue lol dude I finally found a buyer for my entire cichlid stock in my 75g yesterday so its empty and ready for sw ill text you in a bit with more questions lol

Both require 125 gallon tanks minimum. He has a 37 gallon. Both are really nice fish but they need large tanks. 90% of angels are going to require a larger tank that you have tex and the other 10% are not reef safe. It's the challenges of ocean life being dropped into captivity. That's why I mentioned to tex about planning for an upgrade in the very near future lol use live aquaria as a reference for tank size.

Sorry for the mixup but was only telling him about the reef safe Angels was not telling him to get one for his tank.

Aww yiss timmy to the rescue lol dude I finally found a buyer for my entire cichlid stock in my 75g yesterday so its empty and ready for sw ill text you in a bit with more questions lol

So this means I can hit you with an "I told you so!" right haha. I knew you'd want a bigger tank soon. Wait until you get to my level of addiction and have a 210 and still want to upgrade bigger. Next tank of mine is bouncing between a 400 and 600 gallon acylic tank I'm having the designs and all made for in my new house we are building. It will separate the game room and my livingroom with side over flows and a dedicated 700 Sq Ft filter room. I'm going to have to start pumping my water from the ocean for water changes lol

So this means I can hit you with an "I told you so!" right haha. I knew you'd want a bigger tank soon. Wait until you get to my level of addiction and have a 210 and still want to upgrade bigger. Next tank of mine is bouncing between a 400 and 600 gallon acylic tank I'm having the designs and all made for in my new house we are building. It will separate the game room and my livingroom with side over flows and a dedicated 700 Sq Ft filter room. I'm going to have to start pumping my water from the ocean for water changes lol

Dang Tim that's nuts and yess I want a 125g next or a custom tank like a 6x2x4 or something crazy lol I'm loving my tank and I just want to convert all my tanks already but my budget says no as of now ha.

Dang Tim that's nuts and yess I want a 125g next or a custom tank like a 6x2x4 or something crazy lol I'm loving my tank and I just want to convert all my tanks already but my budget says no as of now ha.

Haha I know exactly how you feel. I'm in the process of upgrading my 20g to a 40b. After that when I finish school it is going to get upgraded to a 150. After that in upgrading to at least a 300 :)

Back
Top Bottom