Salty Noobs 37g Bow Front Build..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any other suggestions guys? The only other thing stopping me is the price tag :/

Might as well hang up worrying with price tags in saltwater haha. Nothing in saltwater is cheap, free, easy, or instant. Generally the prettier the fish; the uglier the price tag. And vice versa

Might as well hang up worrying with price tags in saltwater haha. Nothing in saltwater is cheap, free, easy, or instant. Generally the prettier the fish; the uglier the price tag. And vice versa

**** I know, all the other blennys I listed were under $18 lol the midas is $30 plus I still need to include the ride over here.

**** I know, all the other blennys I listed were under $18 lol the midas is $30 plus I still need to include the ride over here.

Honestly, the price tag is the only thing I don't worry about with fish. These are going to be one of the main display pieces in your aquarium and can live 10+ years. If you choose one fish over another that you like more solely because of the price tag its something you will probably regret.

Honestly, the price tag is the only thing I don't worry about with fish. These are going to be one of the main display pieces in your aquarium and can live 10+ years. If you choose one fish over another that you like more solely because of the price tag its something you will probably regret.

So true!!! Heres a newer little guy from Ora, different looking maybe not the most beautiful fish. But there personality makes up for it, I put my hand in the tank and he comes over and sits right in it or hides behind it saying pet me. Price was $18 and captive bred.

Attachments

• image-2782089823.jpg
    image-2782089823.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 73

I know I know.. my kimpuma hongi island cichlid was not cheap, but he ran my entire tank and became one of the visitors favorite fish aside from my ruby red peacocks lol.

So true!!! Heres a newer little guy from Ora, different looking maybe not the most beautiful fish. But there personality makes up for it, I put my hand in the tank and he comes over and sits right in it or hides behind it saying pet me. Price was $18 and captive bred.

Looks cool, I'm not a big cardinal fan but I am big on personality.

**Update 9/7/13**

I went to my lrs to pickup some water for a pwc and I decided to browse the new fish stock, I just completely fell in love with this one fish in a tank alone, very active, never hid from veiw, and for the entire time I was standing and watching him he was just as curious as I was, just swimming happily and just flaunting his colors so I had to bring him home.

I got a Candy Hogfish! He's so pretty guys I couldn't resist and he was so inquisitive and active, the perfect fish for me I love fish like that. Hes got so much character! What do you guys think..?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130907_192542.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_192542.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20130907_192602.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_192602.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20130907_192621.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_192621.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 62
I got a candy hogfish a month ago or so, hes awesome!
He was alittle aggressive at first but then he mellowed out.

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback, especially with a story lol I like fish with character, with pizzazz, with eye catching color, and unique personality. I want my tank to just grab peoples eyes when they walk in and just have them be amazed at how active and free spirited my fish are and the coexistence of the entire tank , I wanna get people into the hobby the right way, through inspiration! Is that too much?

I've heard so many stories about how they got a tank from an uncle, or brand new "kit" from a chain store, and they either overstocked the tank and was never clean long enough to admire the fish themselves, or they all died through some preventable accident and it saddens me thinking that so many people just give up on the hobby because of that.

**Update 9/8/13**

I received my marineland maxi-jet 400 powerheads today and one needs an impeller I got em used, one in box and the other I'm gonna send back to marineland all i pay is the ride to and from so its not a bad deal. I faced them forward and at a 45* angle to hit the bow front and curve with it, once I get the second one back it will be a way more efficient system but for now its working really well. Here's some quick pics.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130908_225445.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130908_225445.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20130908_225515.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130908_225515.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom