Second attempt at a first marine tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steg22

Aquarium Advice Activist
So here it is guys, my second build thread! I purchased a second hand juwel 180 from my LFS for a very good price, it came with a prizm skimmer and nexx filter with the standard juwel light.

I felt that this was still a bit small as I really wanted a FOWLR that could hold the following:

-Dwarf Angel
-Picasso Trigger
-Purple Tang
-Papuan Toby Puffer
-Pink Throat Wrasse

Also the girlfriend was moaning as she wanted a white tank and cabinet in the room. So cue the next bargain from a fellow forum member.

I am so happy with this purchase. I'm yet to find any scratch marks on the glass and I've been looking thoroughly today! It also come with a tmc skimmer and big external filter. Although I do plan on going with the MCE 600 I think it'll be alright with the TMC one I got with this tank and also the MCE 300 I've just recently purchased for the Juwel 180!

Anyway I know people like a few shots of the tank so they will appear in the next post!

Should be getting wet in a couple of weeks so watch this space!

Just need to find the £300+ for the live lol!

Thanks, It's a 330 possibly with a sump, depends if I can suss this overflow thing out without it making a noise. I will be going with sand!

How big is this tank?? Looking at the pic i can probably say that the tang, wrasse, and trigger need larger tanks to survive in

If its not 6' I wouldn't put a trigger or tang in it. Depends on the type of wrasse but the bigger predatory species need 6' also.

Its four and a half foot by two by two and a half, maybe a bit longer

LIveAquaria says 70g is okay for a few triggers and they tend to go larger than other sites. Aggression is always a concern for most triggers. They should be okay, but the other fish would probably like more room to steer clear. :)

TheTodd said:
LIveAquaria says 70g is okay for a few triggers and they tend to go larger than other sites. Aggression is always a concern for most triggers. They should be okay, but the other fish would probably like more room to steer clear. :)

Ive heard of triggers going rogue an killing everything in much larger tanks then the OP! I personally wouldnt do it.

And I have one of those triggers that it says 70g for. A Niger, and it swims a ton more than my yellow tang. If you want something like a trigger, go for a filefish. They're peaceful, and don't as big, and look just like triggers!!!!!!

come on man, they look nothing like triggers, also the picasso is the smallest of the lot isn't it? but i'm hearing you, no triggers it is, not if they're going to be nasty

Back
Top Bottom