Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Simple diy food recipe

I saw this recipe on a web site, what do you guys think?

Start with ANY greens, fruits and vegetables you can find. An example would include, but not be limited to; carrots, broccoli, yams, oranges, apples, Romaine lettuce, etc.

Put all the above in a blender or food processor.

Slowly add shrimp, crab legs (both with shells), and/or smelt. Do not use any fish that would contain high levels of oils, like herring or mackeral.

Blend mixture as fine as possible.

Add liquid vitamins or crushed tablets, you can also add Selco or Selcon. The mixture should have the consistancy of mud. Add some liquid to thin it up if it appears to thick, carrot or sweet potato juice works well for this purpose as it is high in vitamin content. You can also use clam juice or water.

Next: Boil 100-150ml of water and add the same amount of unflavored gelatin. Mix the gelatin and vegetable mixture together pour the resulting mixture into a rectangle pan and allow to cool. You can place the mixture in the freezer but be sure to score the mixture before it is completely hardened, to make it easier to separate later.

After the mixture is frozen you can separate the pieces and place them in freezer bags for use as needed.

pinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I`ve seen that before. The only thing I would add is some garlic.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Thanks I was thinking the same thing too, i was thinking about boiling the garlic and adding the juice to soften up the recipe.
pinda is offline   Reply With Quote

diy, food

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Cycle time? | WATER »