Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to firemedicmackey
Star fish being eaten by crab? Help me out!

I have a 28 gallon fowlr tank. In that tank I have had a red serpent star for over a year. He's always been small, his central disc is about the size of a dime and his legs are very skinny and about 3 inches each. This morning I noticed he wasn't hiding when the lights were on which was odd, and 2 of his legs appeared to be nawed on by something. My other inhabitants are mated black and white clowns, 1 firefish, 2 turbo's, 2 other snails, and about 8 hermits. 2 of my hermits are getting pretty big. They are the only reasonable suspect in the tank. Is this common? I'm gonna pick up a big serpant star this weekend anyway, but I don't want to see my lil guy getting eaten!

-May you live as long as you want
and never want as long as you live
firemedicmackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Most starfish will regenerate a leg if something happens to it.

joy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Everyone always wants to blame the crab. LOL. Make sure it is the crab. Stranger things have happened.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

crab, eat, star

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com