Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
Clownfish are egg layers and will care for their eggs.
I think I am going to just go with the 2 oc. Clowns with the hermit crabs and snails. That is all I am going to put in my tank.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thats a great attitude. start slow and if you can get another fish or two later on then you can decide then.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Thats a great attitude. start slow and if you can get another fish or two later on then you can decide then.
Yep. And you have been a lot of help so far helping me set up my aquarium and giving me advice. thanks
Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Youre very welcome! Thats the point of coming here and asking questions, so people can help you out.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Youre very welcome! Thats the point of coming here and asking questions, so people can help you out.
Yea, I really like this forum. Lol. Looking at the saltwater part of the forum made me want one. So I got rid of all of my freshwater stuff. And I now getting my tank set up one step at a time. It's hard on your pocket being young and going to school with no job. Lol. I plan on asking for a lot of stuff for my Christmas presents. I think I am going to ask for petco gift cards and the visa gift cards so I can order some stuff.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I';d skip the petco cards as that store is way overpriced. You can order salt and other goodies online from dozens of different retailers. If you need something in particluar just ask, I have probably bought that same item and cheaper than petco so I or others can lead you in the right direction. No reason to spend top dollar if you dont have to, it leaves money for other things; lol - Like fish and other critters-
Old 07-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I';d skip the petco cards as that store is way overpriced. You can order salt and other goodies online from dozens of different retailers. If you need something in particluar just ask, I have probably bought that same item and cheaper than petco so I or others can lead you in the right direction. No reason to spend top dollar if you dont have to, it leaves money for other things; lol - Like fish and other critters-
I was gonna use the petco card for the fish and live rock. We don't have but 1 local fish store. And they are only freshwater and its dirty. And I have to travel to my nearest petco which is 45 mins away!!!! Can you buy live fish with gift cards? For some reason my family likes to give gift cards for Christmas. I guess it's easier than trying to find someone a gift. I like it. Lol
Old 07-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Gift cards rock! i love getting them.

You can order live fish online but the shipping can be expensive. What state are you in? I live in florida and we have several places that ship for like $15 within the state.

For base rock I would go with an online retailer like marcorocks or reefrocks.net or even bulkreefsupply and it's like $2 a lb. You wont be getting alot of live rock I assume so that might work getting it at petco.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Gift cards rock! i love getting them.

You can order live fish online but the shipping can be expensive. What state are you in? I live in florida and we have several places that ship for like $15 within the state.

For base rock I would go with an online retailer like marcorocks or reefrocks.net or even bulkreefsupply and it's like $2 a lb. You wont be getting alot of live rock I assume so that might work getting it at petco.
I live in North Carolina. And I already bought probably about 2 to 3 pounds of live rock it might be more?! And I am selling my friend 50 hermit crabs for $20 and she is going to give me 5 pounds of live rock for freeeeee!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Nice, swapping is a cool thing if you know people that do saltwater. SO you should be all set with live rock. I would aim for 20-25 lbs total and yu will have at least 8lbs of live. The rest just get base rock and youre good to go

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com