stocking a 33gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LittleParr

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are the following fish do-able in a 33gal with lots of protein skimming, filtration, and live rock and sand?
2 perc clowns
1 royal gramma
1 longnose hawkfish
1 yellow watchman
1 flame angel or coral beauty

That seems like alot of fish for a 33g tank. I'd probably skip the hawkfish. The others may be ok with good tank maintenance.

I agree with Fluff...a would loose the hawkfish as well. The others are doable but you will have to keep a constant eye on water parameters.

LittleParr said:
could I substute a couple of keudern's instead?

I think skipping the hawk and keeping the rest of the list is gonna put you a max, if not a bit over on your bioload. Adding a few cardinals probably wouldn't be a good idea IMO.

Either one really. The coral beauty is cheaper but the flame is flashier. Both are beautiful in my opinion. And both would be about the same as far as care. Neither will bother mobile inverts. Many people keep these fish in reefs without a problem but they are angels so there is always a chance they may nip at corals.

Hmm. The only small blue fish I can think of would be the blue reef chromis. They are almost a damsel blue with some black edging. But they do better in groups. I really do know what else to suggest that's suited to a 33g tank. Sorry. :?

Back
Top Bottom