Stocking my 90 gallon FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My post was assuming you had already ruled out the Lion and the trigger, lol.
I have never seen an Auriga larger then 5-6 inches in a home aquarium, If he has open rock work I don't think it would outgrow the tank.

The lion on the triggerfish are off my list they really don't seem like they would be a ideal fit for my tank. I also plan to replace the two tangs with a Kole.

Revised list

Chromis (Already have 3)
1- Bicolor Angelfish
1 - Kole tang
2 - ocellaris or percula Clown
1 - Foxface
1 - Midas Blenny
1 - Algae blenny
1 - Auriga Butterflyfish(not 100% sure yet)
Inverts
Camel Shrimp
Chocolate Chip Sea Star

Looks better, I retract my previous statement, and think you should lose probably 1 more big fish. Is there any reason you want a foxface? They have venomous spines that they can use to shank your fish. Should probably be the last fish added, and then at that point you can make a decision based on your levels if another fish is really a good idea.

I just like the foxface because of it's looks. If I someone could recoomend a nice medium/large size fish I would certainly remove the foxface from my list. I am trying to keep in mind that I would eventually want to try coral reef in my tank. Therefore, I am also looking for reef safe fish.

i have to agree with jimbo about the foxface. even though i dont know very much about saltwater. (i basically learned everything from a friend with a reef tank) he had a foxface, a pair of clowns, a tang and a couple others i dont remember what they were. but he lost the clowns the tang and another fish to the foxface.

he traded the foxface for more corals after that

I just like the foxface because of it's looks. If I someone could recoomend a nice medium/large size fish I would certainly remove the foxface from my list. I am trying to keep in mind that I would eventually want to try coral reef in my tank. Therefore, I am also looking for reef safe fish.

Realize the more fish that you add to your tank, the harder it will be to keep some of the nicer corals. I would pick a couple non-aggressive fish off your list that you REALLY like and start with them, its going to take you a few months to stock it right. You should be adding one fish a month. By the time you have added those couple fish, you can decide if you want more or if you want to start spending some of your budget on some coral.

The more fish, the more excess nutrients. The more nutrients, the less *most* coral will grow. Some coral like "dirty" water, but most are soft corals or surprisingly the higher end chalices. Most coral appreciate pristine conditions, or at least good conditions that are stable.

Besides, the foxface is VERY ugly IMO when he's sleeping or stressed. Very ugly with brown splotches all over. Did I say ugly??

Back
Top Bottom