Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

protokix22

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I was looking for some advice regarding stoking options. I have a 55 gallon, fish only with a wet/dry filter and a cannister filter. I'm running a coralife protein skimmer as well. The tanks been up and running for a little over 4 months now.

Right now I've got two ocellaris clowns, two firefish, and a coral beauty angelfish.

Here's what I've narrowed my list down to
Threadfin butterfly
Royal Gramma
Yellow watchman goby
Foxface lo

Anyone have any suggestions? I really want to get the threadfin, but I'm so nervous because of the feeding issues with butterflys. Any sort of advice you can give me would be much appreciated. And if theres some other option you think might work feel free to let me know. I'm looking for something that's peaceful and will get along with all its neighbors.

I'm partial to the foxface. I have a one spot foxface and I love it. Really great fish especially when they recognize the owner. He always comes up to me and eats from my hands. Completely peaceful with all my fish: two clowns, coral beauty, bicolor blenny, mandarin goby.

Awesome. They're pretty hardy too correct? He/she should be okay in this relatively new tank?

Yes. They're not finicky eaters and will accept any type of food but do require seaweed or algae for a healthy immune system.

I agree with Crister. I'd suggest the yellow watchman goby. Have you thought about maybe a goby/pistol shrimp pair? Just a suggestion. I love symbiotic relationships in SW tanks.

I was reading about the shrimp and the goby pairs. I am nervous however. My wet/dry tends to produce higher nitrate levels (30 range). I know that's not anything to really worry about with fish, but I know some shrimp are sensitive to higher levels like that. I do water changes every other weekend, but the levels eventually increase back to their high levels.

Back
Top Bottom