Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank is cycled

So my tank has been up and running for just about 3 weeks, and over the last few days the ammonia and nitrite were barely reading. The spike of ammonia got to about 4ppm and the nitrite to about 5ppm, and the nitrate got to about 40ish ppm. Today everything is reading 0 all accross with ph at 8.2. i got a great deal of diatoms last week i vaccumed some of the top of the sand but I didnt touch the stuff on the rock. now its looking a different color, some parts of the brown stuff are turning white. how long should i wait untill i add some cleaner snails and crabs, i also really want a cleaner shrimp. the tank is about 50 to 60 gals i think, i did the calculations on measurements but since the tank is not squared its hard to get exact meassurements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-20_16-58-06_223 (1).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	44591  

plexifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:49 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to SHARPiE
What did you use for your ammonia source?

I'd say you can add your CuC.
But to ensure the bactieria you have established by doing your cycle stays alive, you need to keep feeding it ammonia. (dead raw shrimp, unscented ammonia or start stocking with fish).

Make sense?
20 Gal - Planted CO2 Community Tank
4.5 Gal - Planted Shrimp Tank - in progress

Useful Acronyms
SHARPiE is offline   Reply With Quote

cycle, cycled, led, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com