Torch coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys/girls i bought a torch coral online its tann with white tips some of the heads are a dark tan and getting darker the others are white is this a bad sign or wat any help anyone can offer with torch coral is helpful

sorry it just woke up for a quick pic lol it was sleepy lol my mom acclimated it i was not home she said the brown on thelower sidewas not as dark as it is now and it seems to me its spreading the darker heads appear to be larger it has been in tank for 2 and a half days now

Attachments

• 100_0423.jpg
    100_0423.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_0424.jpg
    100_0424.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_0425.jpg
    100_0425.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 99
what type of lights do you have and what is the wattage?

It probably needed some longer time to acclimate to the tank. Looks pretty good.

torch coral likes lots of light so you might want to place it towards the top or middle of your tank. Also: Avoid placing the Torch near other corals. Contact with a sweeper tentacle will cause extreme pain to even large humans.

Browner is good. It should look like this in time.

100_1896.jpg

thank ya mike yea its still opening up i guess it takes a few days to adjust :) still looks healthy tho i will take more pics in a few days maybe tomorrow does this coral require feeding if so wat and when should i start

alrighty well if i wanted some extra nutrients for it could i use something like kent marine microvert or do you know something better?i like to know stuff i can give it just in case.

I know alot of folks think they have to feed their corals. It really is not necessary. I have some corals that are eleven yrs old and have never been target fed. Lighting and water column will take care of it. IME

could also be your lights. New bulbs anyone...I was going to say time to change your RO filters but since you don't have any...what can I say. lol

Back
Top Bottom