Updated tank list for my 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
5 green chromis (green/blue)
2 firefish (unsure of which one)
1 threadfin butterfly (yellow/white/black)
1 royal gramma (pink/yellow)
1 percula clown (orange/white/black)
1 blue damsel (blue)
1 yellow tang (yellow)
1 flame angel (red/black)

2 emerald crabs
1 ruby crab
1 pom pom crab
1 porcelain crab
2 cleaner shrimp
2 blood red shrimp
5 blue leg
20 trochus
20 nassarius

yea I am considering not getting the butterfly. I pretty much have all the inverts for the tank already. As soon as the house is done I get my bigger tank :)

Also whats the point of the Blue Damsel? They just get aggresive and territorial. So I reckon ditch that too. If you took away the Angel, Butterfly and Damsel you would have ten fish, which is a bit over but with a good skimmer and good bio-filtration (macro algae and LR and sand) is do-able. Make sure you get a good skimmer.

13 fish in a 75 gallon is too much. What kind of filtration will your tank have. Not trying to be bad person here but you`ll have problems with fish health and nuisance algeas due to excessive nutrients from a large bio load.

I was thinking I might be ok because many of them are very small.

They grow quick enough. I think that you need to ditch either:
1) The damsel, butterfly and angel (and then be religious about PWCs and a really good skimmer.)
2) The Damsel, Butterfly and the 5 Chromis. <---- That's the best way IMO.

I was thinking about getting a 90 instead (same floor space) but people talked me out of it because the light wouldnt be as good if I decided to do some corals or something like that.

I will be doing a 20 gallon sump tank as well, will this help with holding this number of fish?

Bioload-wise.. Maybe. The more water volume.. the more forgiving your tank will be as far as water conditions go.. but you need to factor in the ADULT sizes of the fish you will be keeping. Just because you added 20G of water via a sump, doesn't mean you can fit a dozen tangs in there.

5 green chromis (green/blue)
2 firefish (unsure of which one)
1 royal gramma (pink/yellow)
1 percula clown (orange/white/black)
1 blue damsel (blue) (bought)
1 yellow tang (yellow)

2 emerald crabs
1 ruby crab
1 pom pom crab
1 porcelain crab
2 cleaner shrimp
2 blood red shrimp
5 blue leg
20 trochus
20 nassarius

How exactly does a QT tank work? I will have a 10 gallon I could use for one.

Basically it's a very basic set-up with a HOB filter and some PVC piping in the tank for fish to hide in. You would acclimate the fish to that tank and then leave it there for 4-5 weeks to observe it for disease and treat it if one appears and to get it eating without competition from other fish. :)

I'd say Damsel last but too late. Put the Tang and Clown in as the last two.
The Chromis and Firefish and Gramma don't really matter because they are all peaceful fish. I'd say Chromis, Firefish and then Gramma though. Then Clown and Yellow Tang.

damsel is in a different tank right now so it could still go in last, should the salt level be lower to kill off parasites in the QT tank, also if I dont add all the chromis at the same time will they all still school together? Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom