Very odd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Airgoose2222

Aquarium Advice Freak
Long story, but I'll try to make it short. I learned my lesson with ich and QT tanks several months ago when I had to completely tear down my display tank and quarantine my fish. I let the tank sit fishless with only live rock and sand for almost eight weeks. The qt tank had lowered salinity and used ich medicine as well for tjtje same timeframe. I put most if the fish back in minus a spotted grouper and a dogface puffer. They stayed in another tank for another month on their own with just some live rock. No signs of ich on any fish. I decided to move the dogface puffer into the display tank, and within a day, it looked like he had ich again. I immediately removed him back to the other tank. No other fish have showed any signs of ich in over a month since I put them back into the display tank. Other fish are miniatus grouper, lined puffer, lunar wrasse, volitan lion, and Niger trigger. Any ideas?

Hi there

By moving your fish backwards and forwards can be causing them stress which can lead to White spot or Itch This parasite can lay dormant in your Mine tank and easy attach itself to a weak fish I personally found the best way to get rid of this parasite is to To feed your fish like a pig ie Constantly through the day and every day until It's gone , it will build up the Their immune system so they're strong enough to fight it off yourself Just like the other fish are probably already doing in your tank

I'll give it a shot. That guy has always looked thin for a puffer. Maybe some internal parasites which inhibits the effectiveness of his immune system. Thanks for the advice!!

Just a question, but what size tank do you have? A volitan, dogface and grouper in one tank can cause problems consistantly if its not a huge tank

5x2x2. It's 150 gallons. I have about 150lbs of live rock and will get another 50lbs before I'm done with it. They all get along great, and have no aggression issues. All readings are at 0.

image-74204660.jpg

Added another 30lbs of rock since this picture.

Back
Top Bottom