Want to add more tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance75

Aquarium Advice Regular
215 gallon tank with coral

Already have
1 naso blonde
1 blue tang
1 yellow tang
1 wrasse
1 cardinal
2 clowns
1 foxface
1 mandarin

I added a flame and an emperor angels which did not survived about two months ago.

Is my tank big enough for more tangs ? What type should I get ?
Recommendation please.

Why didn't the angles survive? If your thinking of adding more may need to look at that first

I do not know why the angels didn't survive. They lived for a week or so. And one day they just disappeared. I can't even find their bodies. All the parameters r good. My corals are blooming. Other fishes are eating well and healthy.

They looked very healthy at the store. Eating well, no white spots on bodies. Maybe they are not aggressive enough in my tank.

my naso blonde is about 5 to 6 inches.
my blue and yellow tangs, foxface r about 4 to 5 inches.
wrasse is also 4 inches.

Your tank is probably big enough for four tangs. However, being that your other tangs are already established and maturing, and you have some other fish in there, it would be risky. It would be surprising if you didn't see a lot of aggression to a new tang arrival.

Come to think of it. MAybe that's why the flame and emperor angels died ? I did not find their bodies though. Someone said the CUC crew could dissolve their bodies within a few days.

Back
Top Bottom