Water Movement Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnd4g

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking for a little advice on water movement in my tank.....
I've got a 46 gallon bowfront, FOWLR, 2 Hagen 802 powerheads, one AquaC Remora protein skimmer, and one Emperor 280 Bio-Wheel filter. The powerheads are located at the back corners of the tank and are aimed toward the front middle and are angled slightly downward. My question is... Do I have too much water movement with this setup? I get constant sand movement on the bottom and sometimes it appears my fish are struggling in the current.

Thanks,
John

What is the GPH for those heads???? Alot of times fish will swim in the current on purpose... it may appear they're struggling but they're just havin fun......

The Hagen 802 powerheads are each rated at 400 gph and are recommended for max tank size of 75 gallons.

John

That's a perfect amount of flow. 10x is the norm, so you are just above that. Try to angle them towards the top so you can ripple the surface.

Mike

My percs spend most of their day in the area that the flow from the three powerheads meet. Awfully funny :roll:

Back
Top Bottom