What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is this on the sand and rocks? Why does it get so dirty like everyday?

Attachments

• image-747781425.jpg
    image-747781425.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 179
  • image-2594857535.jpg
    image-2594857535.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 210
diatoms/cayno
every new tank see's this faze
water changes and water flow are your friend with this type of algae
and a nice turkey baster to blow off rocks and sand if need be

Ok well someone just tell me? Haha that has been through it or knows what to do

I've been through this, just like everyone else. If you want to take the natural route, do nothing. If you're impatient and want it gone NOW, just like me, use Kent's marine tank clarifier. And for your sand, I found that a goby would your best friend. I can't stress how clean the sand looks of there is a goby in the tank. My only problem is that they kick up some sand in the tank and if you have a good current going, it takes some time for it to settle.

image-947657136.jpg

Love my diamond goby and I put some sand sifting star fish in too now my rocks and sand look great and my 90 gallon has only been up and running for like 2 months...

More frequent water changes.. Try to get a bigger clean up crew. Goby is definitely the way to go for the sand. What are your water parameters lateley? How often do you feed?

I wouldn't add any chemicals to the tank. Water changes/upping nutrient export, and cutting back on feeding would be what I would suggest. I would not add another fish to the bio load to correct this problem either.

An average "ok" feeding schedule is:
Fish once a day
Corals every two-three days depending on stock and demand

So what would I need to get rid of? Just do alot of what we changes?

It is looking reddish brownish color? Is this normal to get?

Back
Top Bottom