Rummynose jumping!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faysalals1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Every time I close the lights of my Aquarium, my Rummynose freak out and start swimming really fast, and try to jump out of the tank!

I had a couple of them die but now I lowered the Aquarium water 2 inches, and every time they attempt to jump they are not able to.

Whats the solution for this? because it happens everyday.

Every time I close the lights of my Aquarium, my Rummynose freak out and start swimming really fast, and try to jump out of the tank!

I had a couple of them die but now I lowered the Aquarium water 2 inches, and every time they attempt to jump they are not able to.

Whats the solution for this? because it happens everyday.

The sudden shock of the lights going off is obviously freaking them out so what you can do is set up some lighting so that the light gently gets darker. ( some of the new light systems have that dimming ability.) Another option is to set up the lights on a timer so that you don't have to turn off the lights. ( It might be that the fish are actually sleeping when you go to turn the light off and your presence may be startling them.) I'd try the timer route first and observe the tank from a distance to see if the fish still get jumpy when the light goes off. If they still do, you may need to switch to a dimming light system or one that has nighttime lighting.

Back
Top Bottom