What is this now??!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicolea

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys we found a creepy crawly that came out of the rocks today. Can anyone identify what it is and if its good or bad?
its got dots on its head that glow in the blue light, they are light colored. Looks like an earthworm. heres a pic, kinda hard to tell ....

Attachments

• image-3067156356.jpg
    image-3067156356.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 118
  • image-2704363750.jpg
    image-2704363750.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 127
Can u snap a picture of it away from the rocks? It kinda looks like a goby...? Hard to tell because it blends into rocks.

SaltwaterNuB said:
Can u snap a picture of it away from the rocks? It kinda looks like a goby...? Hard to tell because it blends into rocks.

It's body goes into the rocks. It looks like a earth worm in size and shape but smaller. It's def not a fish.

SaltwaterNuB said:

Here's another pic. It's def alive and moving.

Attachments

• image-2983198351.jpg
    image-2983198351.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 113
Its not moving like a creature... i gave it a tug and it didnt move... maybe its a coral ?

Ok so first you say it is moving and now you say its not? Haha i bet you its just a tube worm...pretty much just a flower that pops out of its tube. Harmless

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ok so first you say it is moving and now you say its not? Haha i bet you its just a tube worm...pretty much just a flower that pops out of its tube. Harmless

YES it does move, but it nots moving like a "creature" like I originally thought it was. Is a tube worm a parasite? coral? Im a rookie here ...

Nu-Nu the eel said:

PS: what coral or anenome is that in your display? I love it !

Nah its just a little flower like dude that lives in a tube. Haha they are filter feeders and are super common. Not a parasite at all... Just a cool hitch hiker dont worry about it :) haha

And thats my black clown hosting my green bubble tipped anemone :)

Okayyyyyyyyyy realllyyyyyyy don't like finding these new critters. This on I thought was a bloody spider or something. I think it's a crab maybe?

I don't want it. How do I get rid of it?

Attachments

• image-2383709807.jpg
    image-2383709807.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2297477408.jpg
    image-2297477408.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 74
Responsibly? Ind someone to take him in and house him.

The not-so-responsible way- throw him in the trash

huma-huma said:
Responsibly? Ind someone to take him in and house him.

The not-so-responsible way- throw him in the trash

Whoa I never said " throw it away "

Simply asked what it is. And how to get it out.

Medic193 said:
Whoa I never said " throw it away "

Simply asked what it is. And how to get it out.

Just a better pic. I can see it is a crab. Any ideas how to lure it out? Capture it? I'll bring it to a lfs

Attachments

• image-2814529151.jpg
    image-2814529151.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 102
Medic193 said:
I don't want it. How do I get rid of it?

Lol i think you misunderstood my answers.
If you are asking how to physically get him out of the tank, use a net or simply pull that rock out, then drop the lil guy into some tank water.

huma-huma said:
Lol i think you misunderstood my answers.
If you are asking how to physically get him out of the tank, use a net or simply pull that rock out, then drop the lil guy into some tank water.

Lol sorry. I did read that the wrong way. I'm terrified of it now. I guess dad will be grabbing that rock out!!!
Finding all these things makes me regret getting live rock.
Should i get rid of it and just get some dry base ? All these rocks had bristle worms, aptasia (tons), and now a crab?! God only knows what else is in there.

In all honesty i wouldnt. Just be patient and wait it out. Youll eventually get it all cleared out. IF you really want to try cleaning it, take some out, soak it in hot fresh water for 20-30 minutes, then put back in tank. Repeat once a week until all rock is done. It wont kill off everything but should cut down on alot of stuff

Back
Top Bottom