What lighting would you buy for new 75 gal salt tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a FOWLR, you can actually use NO lights. Most likely 4 of them for better viewing. However, for even better viewing and lr growth, I would use the PC's. The Coralife 4x65w would be a nice addition to your tank. You could even keep some corals, and/or inverts. Darin from Captivereefs.com can assist you with that department. HTH

Mike

Hi, Barbara--I see from your other posts that you're switching from FW to SW; a lot or people on this board have made that switch. One newb to another, one thing that you'll find is really different in SW (at least in my experience) is that there are as many opinions as posters about things like sumps, lighting, filtration, etc. What one person swears by another calls a disaster waiting to happen. With a lot of aspects of SW, I think the best thing to do is read books, search old posts, and then ask for clarification if things still aren't gelling for you. There are a lot of threads that discuss the pros and cons of various setups. That said, there are a couple of things most on here would probably agree with:

1) Be prepared to spend a lot of money.
2) Be prepared to spend a lot of time on the tank; I know it takes me a lot more time and effort to keep my SW tank than it does my FW.
3) Before you buy anything, get some good books and read a lot of posts.
4) Do that some more. :)
5) Go slow and be patient.

HTH!

Back
Top Bottom