yasha hashe goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toothpik

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi
im looking at purchasing one for my 10gallon tank and i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with one? advice if much needed and appreciated

I believe that description means that the Randalli Pistol Shrimp ship poorly and are rarely available.

I have 2 Randalli Pistols from my LFS. One is paired with my Tangaroa Prawn Goby, and I plan on the Yahsa Hashe pairing with the other.

I'm getting the Yasha from LFS as well.

Usmcmarc, are you putting the Yashia with the Tangaroa? My Tangaraoa killed a couple other gobies in my nano before I realized it was him.:(

Waterfaller1 - I've got a Neon Goby, Greenbabded Goby, Full Moon Reef Goby, Wheelers Watchman Goby (Lost due to carpet surfing this weekend)...and they all seem to get along fine. Sure if someone get's too close to his territory, he will run them out but never any major problems. As a matter of fact, the Wheelers Watchman and the Tangaroa SHARED a den with one of my Randalli Pistols....that is until the Watchman figured out there was another pistol in the tank.

Toothpik - I don't know about the disease resistance..

Waterfaller1, what other gobies did he kill? I know all fish have their own personalities, but mine is very docile.

stink my firefish my have ich and my LFS only has one yasha left and its been there for about 3 weeks its bound to be picked up if my fish odes have ich cause i have to wait

stink my firefish my have ich and my LFS only has one yasha left and its been there for about 3 weeks its bound to be picked up if my fish odes have ich cause i have to wait

See if you can pay for the Yasha and let the LFS hold it till you treat for ich

No..Depending on how you treat the parasite, it could take up to 6-8 weeks. Do you have a Quarantine Tank? If so, you can keep the Yasha in there while you treat your main tank. I assume you have no Inverts or Corals since you posted in FOWLR thread. Otherwise you will have to treat the infected fish in a QT and let the main tank go fallow for 6 weeks (I believe).
Your LFS wont be getting in any more Yashas?

well the only inverts in it are my clean up crew just nassis snails lol but other than that no.... LFS said they go fast and they are really popular so yeah but im not even sure if it even has ich it comes off and re appears so it might just be sand since it burrows

thanks and is it ok to put the fire fish in a qt tank and the yasha in the same tank and treat the firefish while the yasha is just in there for qt

Waterfaller1, what other gobies did he kill? I know all fish have their own personalities, but mine is very docile.
He killed a trimma goby, two Griessingeri gobies{<<<expensive little guys!}, and I forgot, a tailspot blenny. These were not all at the same time, but they were in a 12 gal nano. The goby was probably protecting his turf. But, I also have two yellow watchman gobies in my 90 that will swallow small fish. I have seen a pic of a yellow watchman with a firefish sticking out of his mouth. Large mouth shrimp gobies do have the potential to eat small fish and inverts. Not all fish are the same though, that is true.

thanks and is it ok to put the fire fish in a qt tank and the yasha in the same tank and treat the firefish while the yasha is just in there for qt
Are you going to perform hyposalinity and leave the tank fallow{no fish} for 6 weeks? The ich can be in the tank and when you put the fish back he can get ich again. Cryptocaryon irritans{ich} has a life cycle, it will appear as trophonts{spots] on the fish, burrow into it's skin, then drop off to the substrate and rock. Lay it's eggs, and the cycle starts over. Many people have ich in their tanks and do not even know. It goes unnoticed as it jumps on and off the fish. Ich does not want to kill it's host, on the contrary..it needs it. But when a fish gets stressed for whatever reason it loses it's slime coat. This is when the ich attacks with a vengeance, clogging the gills and ultimately killing the fish if steps are not taken quickly.

i was going to put both fish in the qt and leave the main tank fallow for 7 weeks...and perform 50% water changes in the qt tank...hows that sound?

Back
Top Bottom