A Birthday Present for My Father

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dream to Dream

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My father recently retired and is interested in getting back into freshwater fish. He mentioned wanting to buy a beta tank. However, I still have his old aquarium from when I was younger and would like to get it operational again.

His old tank is a Perfecto Mod 3. Some of the accessories include a Profile 5500 pump, Supreme Heetmaster mod 2, and Secondnature filter. Unfortunately, I do not have most of the original paperwork, and I have no idea how to assemble and function check the equipment.

Any advice as to where I could find instruction sheets? I would like to set the tank up for my dad as a surprise.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,

Mike ~

Welcome to AA. By the way, how big is that tank?
I'm not sure yet. I filled it to capacity to test for any leaks, but I didn't take the time to measure volume. I would guess about 25-30 gallons?

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, btw!

I'm not sure yet. I filled it to capacity to test for any leaks, but I didn't take the time to measure volume. I would guess about 25-30 gallons?

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, btw!
Could you get a picture?:)
Is it vertical or horizontal. This is a big factor if you're getting fish.
Vertical is more expensive:/

Could you get a picture?:)
Is it vertical or horizontal. This is a big factor if you're getting fish.
Vertical is more expensive:/
It is a vertical tank, hexagonal shaped. I will attempt to get a picture up tonight if possible.

It is a vertical tank, hexagonal shaped. I will attempt to get a picture up tonight if possible.
Actually, i made a mistake, horizontal is the most expensive. Sorry:/
Anyways, the tank you have must be impressive. Just make sure to respect the fishes needs, some need more room, some need more room to swim in.

Looks like im too late to hand out advice, but welcome anyway, im a newby here myself, and you are a good son :) lots of luck, im sure he will love it.

Back
Top Bottom