Can't take care of my Jack Dempsey - want a good home for him!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocgirlmelanie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Writing this post is really bumming me out and making me sad because I really do love my fish, however I really am struggling trying to take care of him. Thus, I just wanted to put it out there that I have a 2 year old Jack Dempsey named Augustus who comes with a beautiful 60 gallon tank, filter, decorations etc... He is very large, healthy and quite pretty with the colorful blue in his skin. He was left behind by my ex (complete sociopath) who did it deliberately because he knew I am very sensitive towards animals and the extra work, stress, expense of taking care of this fish on top of everything else I am currently struggling with would too much and it would be upsetting for me to give away any kind of pet. I am always very paranoid that somebody is going to be careless or harm them. I don't want him fed to another fish.

Anyway, I just broke my arm in an accident so have been up all night trying to clean his tank properly because not easy to do in a cast, I am by myself, barely making the bills, got three cats, no car to get to the pet store - sounds like a bad country and western song I know. To make a long story short - I live in South Orange County, California - and if anybody in that area is interested in him and who loves fish. knows about Dempseys - please message me. He does need to be by himself in that tank because he does not get along with other fish at all. I am not asking any money for him or his tank and accessories - just a good home.

I feel for you and I hope you can find him a home!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
If you were near Minnesota i would take him... The big males are some of the most beautiful fish out there. But alas, you live across the country.

I wish you luck finding him a place to be.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I hear you, i have a 4-5 inch male in one of my tanks which my mom wants to convert back to regular fish and im not sure where im going to put him.. I have 9 tanks in my house but only 3 of them are really suitable size for him.. I considered trying to put him in my 92g discus tank, but i dunno he might swallow my neons and stuff whole lol..

He seems friendly towards other fish but he constantly hungry so he might get ideas lol. Not sure what to do with him

If you can ship it i can house it. Lol.

Minnesota. The places of really crappy weather for shipping fish. Super hot summer, super cold winter. Yay.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom