Another New Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TJ_fishman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greenhorn fish keeper here only been at it about 2 months and of course started prior to reading up and ended up doing a fish in cycle with safe start.

Have a 10 gallon tank, the kit setup from wally world. After initial stocking and losses I'm left with 5 baby fry of dalmatian mollies and 2 neon tetras.

After reading alot here I'm looking to rehome the mollies and add to the tetras. Great site here and I'll have plenty of questions in the future I'm sure....just wanted to say Hey! :fish2:

TJ

Greenhorn fish keeper here only been at it about 2 months and of course started prior to reading up and ended up doing a fish in cycle with safe start.

Have a 10 gallon tank, the kit setup from wally world. After initial stocking and losses I'm left with 5 baby fry of dalmatian mollies and 2 neon tetras.

After reading alot here I'm looking to rehome the mollies and add to the tetras. Great site here and I'll have plenty of questions in the future I'm sure....just wanted to say Hey! :fish2:

TJ

Why don't you shoot for 6-8 neons, and add a centerpiece fish like a honey gourami?

Welcome to AA. You took a lot less time to start researching things than i did. I sentenced many Comets to my 20g green mile before finding out why they always died when they hit a certain size.

The only problem with this site is you will catch MTS (multiple tank syndrome) if you are not careful. I went from owning 1 tank to 9 (10 tomorrow) in the few months of being on here. I will take some time to fill those that i have but still take cheap tanks when i can find them. I just need a variety of fish now.

Why don't you shoot for 6-8 neons, and add a centerpiece fish like a honey gourami?

Yes, that is exactly the direction I want to head once I get the Mollies rehomed. I was looking at a neon blue dwarf gourami but will maybe look at the honey also.

Alan.....to late already have the MTS and want a larger tank. :lol: Just waiting to get things settled and running smooth in this 10 gal before starting.

Back
Top Bottom