Another Newbie to Bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crowntail

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to properly caring for bettas. We had a betta for about 6 months or longer and I found Rose dead in her tank yesterday. My 3yr old was very upset. Rose was her fish. Off we went today to Petsmart to pick out another fish for her and we came home with a Crowntail betta. I want to make sure I don't kill this one. My husband thinks I wound up over feeding Rose. It wasn't on purpose, it was more out of ignorance and not knowing how much to really feed her. He said the food should not go to the bottom of the tank and I only need a little bit. This guy's name is "Fishy the fighter fish" according to my 3 year old. The little turd has become more active now that I turned the light off in the tank so he will go to sleep and he's swimming around and having a good time, which he just sat still when the light was on earlier. Go figure. I guess he needs to check out his new digs. My husband thinks I'm getting a bit carried away, I just want to ensure I take proper care of this fish.

Back
Top Bottom