Begginers Luck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

julian84

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi! i started my first tropical aquarium about 3-4 months agoin a 3ft (+-100liter) tank. bought a few pearl gouramis, rummy nose tetras, pand corys, glow lights, black angels which i added over a period. the bug bit me and a went a bought another smaller +- 1.5ft tank and 2 fire red shrimp for the small tank. after few days i noticed the male gourami changed to bright orange under the head. so i took him and 1 female and placed them with the shrimp in the smaller tank in hopes that they might lay some eggs. the next day i noticed the male made a bubble nest and a day or 2 later i had eggs in the bubble nest. i removed the female and left the male to do his fatherly dutys. the fry hatched and it was facinating to see the male protect and ted to them. but before the fry was free swimming i had to go away for 4 days. so i removed the male back to the big tank because i heard the male will eat his own fry when they become free swimming. while on my weekend away i stressing that my fry will all be dead when i get back. i just asked a friend to that knows nothing of fish keeping to throw a few drops of liquifry in the tank every day. when i returned from the weekend away i found all 100+ fry swimming all over the place and i noitced the fire red shrimp also left me a present. i now also have about 12 baby fire red shrimp. i am glad to report that the fry are small fishes now about 1,5cm- 2cm long and the shrimps even bigger and as far as i can tell there is still over 100 fishes. not bad for my first 3 months of fish keeping!!!! cant wait to see what the future has in store!!! :cool::dance:

hi! i started my first tropical aquarium about 3-4 months agoin a 3ft (+-100liter) tank. bought a few pearl gouramis, rummy nose tetras, pand corys, glow lights, black angels which i added over a period. the bug bit me and a went a bought another smaller +- 1.5ft tank and 2 fire red shrimp for the small tank. after few days i noticed the male gourami changed to bright orange under the head. so i took him and 1 female and placed them with the shrimp in the smaller tank in hopes that they might lay some eggs. the next day i noticed the male made a bubble nest and a day or 2 later i had eggs in the bubble nest. i removed the female and left the male to do his fatherly dutys. the fry hatched and it was facinating to see the male protect and ted to them. but before the fry was free swimming i had to go away for 4 days. so i removed the male back to the big tank because i heard the male will eat his own fry when they become free swimming. while on my weekend away i stressing that my fry will all be dead when i get back. i just asked a friend to that knows nothing of fish keeping to throw a few drops of liquifry in the tank every day. when i returned from the weekend away i found all 100+ fry swimming all over the place and i noitced the fire red shrimp also left me a present. i now also have about 12 baby fire red shrimp. i am glad to report that the fry are small fishes now about 1,5cm- 2cm long and the shrimps even bigger and as far as i can tell there is still over 100 fishes. not bad for my first 3 months of fish keeping!!!! cant wait to see what the future has in store!!! :cool::dance:

over 100 wow! welcome to AA!:fish1:

Back
Top Bottom