First tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regulator

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone. I am a beginner here, but am looking forward to continuing to grow in this hobby.

I am an Army combat veteran and suffer from severe PTSD. So far I have found that having the tank is a big help and an easy way for me to calm down when I have had a bad day. It is easy to shut out the rest of the world and just work on the tank, or sit and watch them play.

I currently have a 30 Gallon Tropical Aquarium. My current stock is

4 Zebra Danio's
Dalmatian Mollie
Red Gold Tuxedo Guppy
Neon Green Tetra
Red Belly X-Ray Tetra
2 Otocinclus
2 Cardinal Tetras
2 African Dwarf Frogs

My tank is about 3 months old now and so far I have not lost a single fish. I started out slowly and made sure to have a full cycle and good water levels before adding the first fish. My first occupants were the Zebra Danio's, as I understood they would help further balance out the tank. I have added the additional stock slowly over the last couple months, adding at most 3 at a time.

It looks like there is a wealth of knowledge on this site and I look forward to everyone's advice and knowledge in the future.

Thanks for your service and glad you are enjoying your setup! Looks like your off to a good start

Back
Top Bottom