Goldies:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilator

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am an insane goldfish lover. Ive had them for 20 years now. Ive tried other fish but just keep going back to goldies.

I recently upgraded from a 55 gallon tank to a 75. I let it cycle and slowly transferred my fish. Its been up and running for about 3 months now but my ryukins are not doing well. Both of them have become sluggish. Ive been monitoring ammonia and nitrate levels and have given them salt baths (per advice from a local fish veterinarian).

Any other advice? These two are my favorite fish and id hate to lose them.

Is there anything else wrong with them other Than there sluggish? Are they just getting old?

They are a lot less active in the new tank and one of them is barely eating anymore. I doubt its an age issue because they were fine in the previous tank. Although, it is the older one that is having a harder time. -ive had one for about 2 years and the other for about 8.

Hi there, welcome to AA! What are your water levels exactly? How did you transfer the fish to the new tank? Could it be possible that they are just trying to get acclimated to the new setup?

Back
Top Bottom